×

Government extends exam fee deadline

Primary and Secondary Education Minister, Cain Mathema

Government has extended the deadline for payment of examination fees for Ordinary Level up to the end of this month for those sitting for June examinations while those writing the November examinations have up to April 9, 2020, to pay up.

Primary and Secondary Education Minister Cain Mathema said Government will subsidise up to seven subjects for O’ Level and three subjects for A’ Level candidates.

Minister Mathema said this in the National Assembly last Wednesday while giving a Ministerial statement on examination fees.

Government had initially set February 28 as the deadline for June examinations and March 27, 2020 for the November examinations.

The announcement by Minister Mathema followed government’s decision to pay 53 percent of the examination fees per subject while parents will have to pay the remaining 47 percent.

The new fees structure will now see parents paying $90 per subject for O’ Level with those sitting for A’ Level paying $165.