ZIMBABWE NEWSPAPERS (1980) LIMITED
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This site is owned and operated by Zimbabwe Newspapers (1980) Ltd (Zimpapers).
1. User Obligation
Use of this site is only permitted for lawful purposes and in a manner which is not in breach of the Law and which does not infringe any of the rights of or restricts the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction shall include, but is not limited to, harrassment, defamatory conduct, obscene or abusive content, offensive language, distress to third parties and any other conduct which may be deemed inappropriate. You hereby warrant that you are more than 18 years of age, and/or possess all required approvals and consents including legal guardian or parental consent for use of this site. You further warrant that you are fully able and competent to enter into these Terms and Conditions and abide by them.
3. Data Submissions
Various parts of this site allow for user information or any other data to be transmitted or posted on the site (hereinafter referred to as “User Submissions”). These include personal information, photographs, videos, audio materials, written scripts, articles, opinions or any other form of material. Such User Submissions shall be subject to the following conditions:
3.1 By submitting any material to this Site, you accept to provide a non-revocable, unlimited Global license to the User Submissions to Zimpapers who in turn shall have the right to use, distribute, modify, alter or delete parts of the User Submission as per its own discretion and on any platform or media whatsoever.
3.2 User Submissions may be used by Zimpapers for any purpose including, but not limited to reproduction, broadcasting, transmission, editing, cutting, reformation, adapting, posting, or any other use as per the sole discretion of Zimpapers.
3.3 You shall be solely responsible for your own submissions and any claims, damages, third party rights, as well as any legal action or proceeding arising out of the use and submission of this material.
3.4 By submitting any User Submission, you hereby affirm, represent and warrant that you have the right to submit such material, and that you have obtained all necessary clearances, licenses, consents, rights and permissions to use and authorise Zimpapers to use any material submitted, including the rights to all patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyright or other proprietary rights in any and all User Submissions.
3.5 You undertake that you will not submit or disclose on this site any material or information that is protected by or subject to any copyright, trade secret or any third party proprietary rights, including Privacy and publicity rights, unless all rights have been obtained from the rights owners to submit the material and/or information and grant the license indicated herein to Zimpapers.
3.6 You further undertake not to submit any material or information that is deemed unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, political, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive, considered as a criminal offense, gives rise to a civil liability, encourages criminal action or violates the law, culture or internationally acceptable norms and codes of ethics.
3.7 You hereby grant Zimpapers a global, non-revocable, exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable license to broadcast, distribute, display, reproduce, cut, edit, re-edit, delete, sell or modify the material or information submitted by you without any limitation whatsoever, in any media format and on any platform at the sole discretion of Zimpapers. This License shall not be limited by period or territory.
3.8 You hereby further assign to Zimpapers (by way of permanent assignment of present and future copyright) all rights of any nature in and to such material throughout the world including all renewals and reversions thereof.
3.9 Zimpapers shall have the right and final say on display of User Submissions, and under no circumstances is Zimpapers obliged to display or include on this site all or part of any User Submission.
4. Copyright and Other Intellectual Property
The names, images and logos identifying Zimpapers, or any of its associated companies or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of Zimpapers, its associated companies and/or third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by any means, licence or right under any trade mark or patent of Zimpapers, its associated companies or any other third party. All copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this site (including the design, arrangement and look and feel) and all material or content supplied as part of the site shall remain at all times the property of Zimpapers or Zimpapers licensors. In accessing the Site, or any other sites of Zimpapers, you agree that you do so only for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may not agree to, permit or assist in any way any third party to copy, reproduce, download, post, store (including in any other web site), distribute, transmit, broadcast, commercially exploit or modify in any way the material or content without the prior written permission of an authorised officer of Zimpapers.
5. Third Party Sites / Links
Zimpapers is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party websites or material you access through this site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements. Zimpapers does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or information on or available from third party websites or material (including payment for and delivery of such products or services). Zimpapers is not responsible for any damage, loss or offence caused by or, in connection with, any content, advertising, products, services or information available on such websites or material. Any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings are solely between you and the relevant provider of the service. Links to this site must be direct to any complete content page (and not any part of a page) within this site and all other Zimpapers sites, and must not be viewed within the pages of any other site. Zimpapers disclaims all liability for any legal or other consequences (including for infringement of third party rights) of links made to this site. Links do not imply that Zimpapers endorses, is affiliated or associated with any linked site, or is legally authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol displayed in or accessible through the links, or that any linked site is authorised to use any trademark, trade name, logo or copyright symbol of Zimpapers or any of its affiliates, entities or subsidiaries.
6. Disclaimer / Limitation of Liability
You agree that your use of this site shall be at your sole risk and responsibility. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Zimpapers, its officers, directors, and agents disclaim all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the site. Zimpapers does not warrant, endorse or guarantee that the content posted on this site is of social, cultural and moral acceptable standards. Zimpapers does not warrant that User Submissions posted on this site do not infringe any third party rights. Although Zimpapers does monitor the User Submissions provided on the site, it is your sole responsibility to clear all rights of third parties and to obtain all necessary licenses and approvals to post any material and you hereby assume all responsibility for all damages, costs and liabilities that may arise as a result from the user submission. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons relating to this site or any other sites owned or operated by Zimpapers, and/or any of its associated companies, products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement being made and without warranty of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. The information and other materials included on this site may contain inaccuracies and typographical errors. Zimpapers does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information and materials or the reliability of any statement or other information displayed or distributed through the site (including, without limitation, the information provided through the use of any software). You acknowledge that any reliance on any such statement or information shall be at your sole risk. Zimpapers reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any part of the site and to make changes to the site and to the materials, products, programmes, services or prices described in the site at any time without notice. In no event will Zimpapers and/or third parties be liable for any damages including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or any damages including, but not limited to, errors or omissions, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever arising from use, loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site. Zimpapers does not warrant that the functions contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. Zimpapers does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of any material. Zimpapers may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this site, including the availability of any features of the site, at any time without notice or liability.
You agree to indemnify and keep indemnified Zimpapers, and all of its employees, affiliates, subsidiaries and associates from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs and liabilities arising in any manner from your access to and use of this site and/or the submission of any User Submissions to this site. You understand that when using this site, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. To that regard, you hereby waive any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Zimpapers, and agree to indeminify and hold harmless Zimpapers, and its shareholders, subsidiaries, officers affiliates, and licensees to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
8. Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Zimbabwe. Disputes arising herefrom shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Zimbabwean courts. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises. If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the law of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from that clause and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable. Zimpapers makes no representation that materials on this site are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside Zimbabwe and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this site from a location outside of Zimbabwe, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.
Community Rules & Guidelines (Zimbabwe
Newspapers (1980) Ltd)
We value thoughtful, constructive discussion, but comments that attack an author or smear an organisation are not acceptable. Contributions that offer information or clarifications on breaking news stories are also valued. Complaints about our content or coverage should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following are general guidelines that influence whether or not a comment will be accepted:
1. Personal attacks on authors, other users or any individual are not tolerated, and users who repeatedly post such comments may be banned.
2. Comments featuring swearing, name-calling or otherwise abusive language are unacceptable.
3. We value robust debate and understand that people often feel strongly about the topics debated on the site, but please show respect for the views and beliefs of other users. By being polite and civil, you ensure that the topic remains the focus of the debate and that our pages remain conducive to intelligent discussion.
4. Keep your posts relevant. If you post a comment that is not related to the topic being discussed, it may be deleted. Comments about moderation decisions or general comments about Zimpapers will likely also be deleted.
5. Comments that are racist, sexist, homophobic or otherwise offensive will not be tolerated. There is a difference between criticizing a government, organisation or belief and attacking people because of their race, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
6. Comments that incite people to commit a crime will not be tolerated.
7. Comments must be in English, Shona, Ndebele or any of Zimbabwe’s local languages. No other languages are accepted on the site.
8. Keep your comments coherent. If the moderator cannot understand your comment because of poor spelling, grammar or logic, it will be deleted.
9. Do not post content which you have copied from someone else and for which you do not have the copyright.
10. DO NOT SHOUT. Writing in caps is considered shouting in web etiquette.
11. No spamming or flooding. Do not repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
12. No advertising, promotion of products or services, or posting of web links (URLs).
13. No impersonating. Impersonating anyone (including other members) is unacceptable.
14. No inappropriate usernames.
15. No personal information. It is not acceptable to publicise yours or anyone else’s contact details, including address, place of employment, telephone number, email address, etc.
16. We will not accept defamatory comments capable of damaging the reputation of an organisation or individual in the eyes of right thinking members of the public.
17. We will not tolerate comments that are in contempt of court. This means anything that could prejudice on-going or forthcoming court proceedings.
18. We will delete comments that break a court injunction. This is when court orders prohibit the release of specific information, such as the names or whereabouts of people involved in a court case.
19. Spelling and grammar will not be corrected when comments are posted on blogs. However, we reserve the right to correct spelling and grammar when publishing comments elsewhere on our site.
20. Because of the volume of comments received, we cannot review individual moderation decisions or alter comments once they have been published. Content on this website is for general information purposes only. Your comments are provided by your own free will and you take sole responsibility for any direct or indirect liability. You assign us with a license to use, reuse, delete or publish any comments without notice.